Our versatile instructor station is the critical cornerstone of every TRAX training simulator. From just this one console, the training instructor controls each and every aspect of the simulator, from running models and initiating malfunctions to loading training sessions and viewing trainee scores.
TRAX delivers the tools and know-how for your success
Think of ProTRAX® Runtime executive software as the instructor station’s central nervous system, providing the instructor with a powerful, but easily traversed, training system featuring a user-friendly interface. Designed to simplify the training process, this sophisticated software application allows the instructor to concentrate on the trainee, rather than simulator operation. With a single mouse click on the desktop icon, the simulator starts initialization, tasks are automatically performed, and everything the instructor needs to launch training is displayed on the desktop.
The training instructor can coordinate the simulator, run the models, provide local control operations, and control a spectrum of other simulator functions right from the instructor station.
The Runtime executive also includes an operator proficiency feature that launches and manages simulator training sessions. Used by both instructors and trainees, the proficiency feature monitors, reports, and archives results of each training session.
Button Overlay Bar
A button overlay bar is conveniently located on the instructor’s computer desktop or any simulator workstation, providing instructors quick access to all commonly-used standard and customized functions.
A pull-down menu allows the instructor to click to different views of the bar, each of which displays a different set of buttons.
By providing instant access to features optimized for an instructor’s specific needs, the button overlay bar greatly simplifies simulator use and saves the instructor considerable time.
Instructor station features include:
- Operator proficiency with quantitative performance scoring
- ProTRAX Teaching Assistant™ lessons
- Selectable, pre-programmed training scenarios
- Unlimited, programmable malfunctions
- Operator action capture
- Freeze/run toggle
- Dynamic schematics and parameter changes trending of multiple variables on multiple plots simultaneously
- Snapshots and backtrack
- Fast/slow time scaling
- Display of DCS operator graphics
- Automated running of dynamic analyses
- Integrated voice, video, and sound effects
- Export of logged data to third party software
Model schematics can be accessed during Runtime and used to view dynamic data for a specific component or flowstream; parameters can be changed on-the-fly. Selecting any module opens a window with options to:
- View values of variables associated with the module itself, such as valve position, drum level, pump speed, etc.
- View all current parameter values for the selected component or change any of these parameters at Runtime (typically when tuning control system parameters)
- Invoke or define a malfunction for the selected component
- Dynamically create trend plots of key parameters
In addition, flowstreams dynamically change color to visually identify their state or value. Select a flowstream and a window opens to show the pressure, enthalpy, density, temperature, flow rate and composition of the flowstream at that moment. Any number of these windows can be opened simultaneously and positioned on the screen as desired.